Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is associated with stockpiling and/or sharing given content on a web server managed by a website hosting supplier. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's examine these. In that way, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you'd like to build a blog, mail address accounts, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a service supplied by some web hosts, which lets you share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions are frequently supported by exhibiting ads next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a given period of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely incorrect explanation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would distribute the tasks at hand between separate hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous web hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a variety of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain corporations offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is suitable if you desire to share a large number of images with chums or partners since the solution is mostly free. You will get a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to administering your email accounts. Some corporations offer web site hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to run an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can open e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have difficulty with your webspace hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will allow you to possess as many video files as you would like without worrying about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to have a site. To some extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and mail addresses, upload video files, etc. At Lonex, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the abovementioned services in one place. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the standard email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for particular web content solely.